|Welfare & Child Protection|
The Suffolk Cricket Board has adopted, and is fully committed to supporting the ECBs safe hands policy on Child protection, and places great value on ensuring the welfare of all young and vulnerable people in the game.
We run a Safe Hands Workshop for our Club Welfare Officers. Course details are published here when the next course is being run.
Course: Safe Hands for Welfare Officers
The Safe Hands workshop is tailored for Child Welfare Officers in a cricket environment. All Club Welfare Officers need to attend this workshop and renew their certificate every three years. The workshop outlines the roles and responsibilities of Welfare Officers at National, County and Club level, and covers legislation and Government guidance, the procedure for reporting incidents / allegations and examples of situations a CWO may be asked to deal with.
At the workshop candidates will be given a copy of the ECB Safe Hands document which includes glossary of terms, definitions of abuse, reporting procedures, guidelines and advice for club policies, and rules and regulations of play.
Although the NatWest CricketForce weekend has passed and registration for that is now closed, the Jewson Privilege Account Scheme is still open for applications. Any club that registered for NatWest CricketForce 2013 that didn’t take part in the Privilege Account Scheme last year can still apply – the closing date is 18th May 2013.
Please find attached a spread sheet with a breakdown per county showing:
· The clubs in your county that applied last year so are ineligible this year
· The clubs in your county that have successfully applied so far
· The clubs in your county that registered for NWCF13 but are yet to apply for a Privilege Account
Jewson Privilege Account Scheme – 3 simple steps
1. Clubs apply online at www.ecb.co.uk/jewsonaccount
2. Applicant waits to receive a Welcome Pack in the post from Jewson (approx. 2 week wait)
3. Using Account Number in Welcome Pack – pay £100 to local Jewson Branch to activate account and receive further £400 from ECB to spend on building/decorating products.
o Find out more about the products and services on offer from Jewson at www.jewson.co.uk