Welcome to the home of the Suffolk Grounds Association. The Association exists to support all of our clubs and groundsmen by helping to maintain and improve the standards of facilities that support the game of cricket in the County.
Our Mission is to provide better playing surfaces for cricketers in Suffolk and to offer support to all existing and future groundsmen in the County.
The Association's role is to help and advise fellow groundsmen, with the following aims and objectives:
- To work in partnership with appropriate individuals, suppliers and agencies to develop both groundsmen and playing surfaces for all club facilities affiliated to the Suffolk Cricket Board.
- The Association will, so far as resources shall permit, assume responsibility within the County of Suffolk for:
- Grounds / facility preparation education.
- Groundsmanship development activities and programmes.
- Any other related matters in compliance with the initiatives, aims and objectives of the ECB and the Suffolk Cricket Board, provided always that they are in the best interests of the Association and to the benefit of its members and the preparation of pitches and cricket facilities for the playing and practicing of the game in general.