The development team was established in January 2009, with the specific aims of providing the Suffolk cricket Board with the capability in terms of resources to both deliver its formal obligation to the ECB and to provide an appropriate level of support to the cricket community in Suffolk.
The team works on behalf of the Suffolk Cricket Board within the cricket community across a broad range of areas to develop and improve the game, notably in the areas of quantity ie numbers playing the game, and quality determined by their experience of the game, from the level of coaching to the quality of facilities available etc.
- Cricket clubs, primarily Focus clubs within Suffolk, but all other clubs where possible.
- Leagues within Suffolk.
- The education sector notably the Competition and School Partnership Managers.
- The various Associations in the County covering Coaches /Umpires and Officials / Groundsman.
- The County sports partnership – Suffolk Sport.
- Local authority Sports development Managers.